- Jeans, or other long pants
- Shirts or T-shirts
- Socks and underwear
- Warm pajamas
- Sweatshirt or fleece
- Warm Jacket (we will be dining outdoors even in the chilly Tahoe mornings)
- Warm ski hat or beanie
- Sun hat or baseball cap
- Sunscreen (not spray-on) and lip balm (labeled with camper’s name)
- Closed-toed shoes, good for hiking
- Secure sandals or water shoes
- Warm sleeping bag, good outdoors
- Soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste (labeled with camper’s name)
- Other personal toiletries (no body spray) (labeled with camper’s name)
- Durable reusable water bottle (labeled with camper’s name)
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Stamped/addressed envelopes
- Journal and pen or pencil
- Book to read
- Musical Instrument
- Small Camera
Please do not send money with your child to camp. There is nothing to purchase during the week. Galilee sweatshirts and other clothing will be sold at check-out on the last morning of each camp session.
Living Simply and in Harmony
An important part of the camp experience is living simply and in harmony with the natural surroundings, so please leave all cell phones and electronic games at home. If brought to camp, these will be held by the staff and returned at the end of the session. Please also leave at home any perfume, cologne, or body sprays. It is important to bring along a durable reusable water bottle for hiking in the local mountains.
All campers and staff are invited to share their pronouns (she/her, he/him, they/them, etc.) during cabin and adventure group introductions, although they are not required to. We understand that some campers may not have experience with this and so we encourage parents/guardians to discuss this with their campers. If you need additional information, please contact Camp Galilee at 775 749-5546 or visit the FAQ page on the Galilee website at https://galileetahoe.org/summer/faq/.
Lake Tahoe can have cold weather all summer long, although most of the days are warm and the nights cool. Please come prepared for warm or cold weather. Additionally, older clothing that can get dirty and is also comfortable for physical activity is most appropriate for the activities we do at camp. Please keep this in mind when packing!
There will be an opportunity for the campers to sleep outdoors during the week. If you have a good quality camping mummy bag, please send along with your child. If not, Galilee has extra bags for those experiences.
Please be sure to send along warm layers of clothes in case of overnight frost.
Community & Cooperation
Camp Galilee operates on cooperation, and everyone will have opportunities to help with serving meals and keeping the camp clean. We are looking forward to having you here.